Position available; this time for real.
I’m going to come back shortly (given it’s now been almost a month since my last update) with a post summing up the year… But until then;
The company I work for is shortly going to be looking for a technical support rep to handle support calls in a helpdesk role. The position is based in Cork and is Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm. What you’ll absolutely have to have;
- Strong Windows experience
- Fair Linux experience
- Good networking (LAN & WAN)
- Knowledge of backup software
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good command of the English language
What’d be good to have;
- Knowledge of desktop & server hardware
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting printers in a standalone and network environment
- And about a thousand other things I can’t think of right now…
The company deals mainly with the motor industry and has a large customer base in Ireland and the UK. The product is client/server based, each customer has an onsite server running Linux along with anything from 1 to 50 Windows PC’s and assorted printers which need to be supported.
No idea of money, but if you’re interested, send me an email to mail [at] rymus [dot] net and I can offer further details and hopefully answer any questions.